You know those popular protein bars that everyone (including myself) are totally nuts over? Well, these are like those. I have a true passion for anything peanut butter and chocolate and always knew that I wanted to make a copy-cat version of my favorite PB Chocolate bar.
I had two goals for this recipe: Use only a handful of ingredients and to replicate the taste/texture perfectly. I think I nailed it!
I decided to make them into squares instead of a bar shape for easy one-bite snacking but they totally could be made into bars or even rolled into balls!
The ingredients are simple and I bet that you already have them in your kitchen!
- Peanut Butter– All natural please (no added oils or sugars!)
- Maple Syrup OR Honey– Either of these sweeteners work
- Almond Flour– The fine blanched kind (not almond meal!)
- Vanilla extract-Just a teaspoon makes it all come together
- Chocolate chips– I love mini chips for these but any chips will work
- Sea Salt– Optional but I love the salty sweet combination
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bites
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 pinch salt for topping
Line a bread loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl, add in the peanut butter, sweetener of choice, and vanilla extract. Mix until well incorporated.
Add in the almond flour and mix well.
Pour the mixture into the lined bread loaf pan and smooth it out so that it is even.
Pour on the chocolate chips on top and gently press them into the top of the peanut butter mixture. Sprinkle on sea salt.
Set in the freezer for 30 minutes then cut into squares. Enjoy! Best if kept in a container in the fridge!